2 x N2K & Garmin variables

Post Reply
sanfesailing
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2024 9:25 am

2 x N2K & Garmin variables

Post by sanfesailing »

Hi.
I have a boat with 2 Nmea2000 networks: FWD and AFT.
If I want to send the same FaRo variable on both networks, should I create a different Garmin Variable on each network ?
Ex. GRM_FSY_FWD on FWD N2K and GRM_FSY_AFT on AFT N2K

Or can I assign the same Garmin Variable to the 2 networks ?
faroadv
Site Admin
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:35 pm

Re: 2 x N2K & Garmin variables

Post by faroadv »

The variables need to be different.
If you create them using FaroManager, there is no possibility to make a mistake.
If you decide to create them editing the faro.xml file, you need to make sure to assign the variable to the proper network
Post Reply