Hi. I have a question about how to correctly declare the Math Designer sentences in Faro.
In this case, the source is an LT500 over NMEA2000. My understanding is that I only need to declare pgn_127250 as Yaw?
But what should I do with Roll and Pitch? Should I leave them blank?
Alternatively, should I declare Pitch, Roll, and Yaw from PGN 127257 and let Faro handle it?
Option 1:
<Pitch2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_7_Pitch_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Roll2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_7_Roll_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_7_Yaw_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg360Var"/>
Option 2:
<Pitch2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_7_Pitch_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Roll2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_7_Roll_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127250_7_HDG_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg360Var"/>
Option 3:
Only associate PGN_127250_7 to Yaw2 and leave empty pitch and roll but heel and trim would be missed from this sensor.
<Roll2 In="Compass2_Roll" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Pitch2 In="Compass2_Pitch" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127250_7_HDG_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg360Var"/>
Adding nmea2000 compass
-
sanfesailing
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2024 9:25 am
Re: Adding nmea2000 compass
Hi.
I have just configured a LT500 over serial N2K and did like this:
<Gyro2_X In="NONE" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Gyro2_Y In="NONE" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Gyro2_Z In="NMEA2000_IN_127251_3_ROT_DSec" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Pitch2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_3_Pitch_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Roll2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_3_Roll_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2Raw In="NMEA2000_IN_3_127250_HDG_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg360Var"/>
<Yaw2Dev In="NMEA2000_IN_3_127250_HDGDev_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2 OpA="Yaw2Raw" OpB="Yaw2Dev" Type="SpAdd360Var"/>
I have just configured a LT500 over serial N2K and did like this:
<Gyro2_X In="NONE" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Gyro2_Y In="NONE" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Gyro2_Z In="NMEA2000_IN_127251_3_ROT_DSec" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Pitch2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_3_Pitch_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Roll2 In="NMEA2000_IN_127257_3_Roll_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2Raw In="NMEA2000_IN_3_127250_HDG_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg360Var"/>
<Yaw2Dev In="NMEA2000_IN_3_127250_HDGDev_Deg" _Width="1" Type="SpAvg180Var"/>
<Yaw2 OpA="Yaw2Raw" OpB="Yaw2Dev" Type="SpAdd360Var"/>